Jun 22, 2009

Summer Solstice, oh is it?!

Firstly I'm finding that blogger is being a royal and vexatious pain, it's crashing, { beyond the infamous back button} missing the mark when composing and more I shan't speak of... blah!!
I'm feeling ruffled by bloggers antics however tis small fries, diminutive at best compared with the lack of Sunshine here in Newfangled England, and YEAS more of the same on this the 22nd day of June... blah blah yuck, it becoming hard to endure.

My soggy gray matter suggests we've had 2 days of sunshine,
Oh how dreary, gray and windy,
Oh but windy would be lovely with some Sunshine not not the Lucy in the sky with diamonds type but real sunshiny rays of light and warmth...
As I cast my attention at my iphones weather screen, Greece has a Sun symbol for the
entire week, and just as it has all month long, am I green with envy oh I am,
hmm or perhaps it moss !

Stonehenge The earliest humans knew that the sun’s path across the sky, the length of daylight, and the location of the sunrise and sunset all shifted in a regular way throughout the year.
{See the space and differing font here and through out, well umm this is the annoying sort of composing issues I'm running into, oh and not to mention that I had a gif here which did save, and yet has vanished... .}

They built monuments, such as Stonehenge, to follow the sun’s yearly progress.

Stonehenge

Today, we know that the solstice is an astronomical event, caused by Earth’s tilt on its axis, and its motion in orbit around the sun.

Because Earth doesn’t orbit upright, but is instead tilted on its axis by 23-and-a-half degrees, Earth’s northern and southern hemispheres trade places in receiving the sun’s light and warmth most directly.

Summertime, And the livin' is easy Fish are jumpin' And the cotton is high Oh, Your daddy's rich And your mamma's good lookin' So hush little baby Don't you cry One of these mornings You're going to rise up singing Then you'll spread your wings And you'll take to the sky But until that morning There's a'nothing can harm you With your daddy and mammy standing by Summertime, And the livin' is easy Fish are jumpin' And the cotton is high Your daddy's rich And your mamma's good lookin' So hush little baby Don't yu cry

George Gershwin's Summertime lyrics

1 comment:

HowMarvellous said...

I swear I commented here already - what a lovely photograph, beautiful light.